Lake Worth Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents, also known as premises liability, can happen on a public sidewalk, a friend's home, a place of business, or at work. These types of accidents could leave an individual with severe and devastating injuries.
Whether an accident took place outside on a sidewalk or inside a public building, you may be eligible for compensation if the slip and fall resulted from negligence, poor maintenance or dangerous conditions. Property owners, organizations, and businesses may be held liable for injuries that occurred on their premises.
Slip and fall accidents could lead to emotional and financial stress. If you suffer a slip and fall injury, you may need to seek legal advice from a capable Lake Worth personal injury attorney. A Lake Worth slip and fall lawyer can assist with your personal injury claim and help you get the compensation you rightfully deserve.
What Qualifies as a Slip and Fall in Lake Worth?
For the property owner to be considered liable or at fault, an unsafe condition must cause the fall. It is not enough to simply slip on someone else's property. Dangerous conditions that lead to slip and falls can occur in malls, restaurants, offices, government buildings, private homes, apartments, or on sidewalks.
Unsafe conditions could include:
- Uneven flooring or surfaces
- Wet sidewalks and parking lots
- Damaged sidewalks
- Uneven stairs
- Bad lighting
- Rugs or carpets that are not secured
- Cords that are stretched across a floor or path
- Warnings and hazards that are not properly marked
The land or business owners must have caused the unsafe conditions, allowed these conditions to continue, and not have posted a warning about safety hazards on the property. Property owners do not have to make their property 100 percent safe. However, they need to make property reasonably safe, otherwise, they are considered negligent. For more insight, individuals should retain the services of a Lake Worth slip and fall lawyer.
Injuries From these Accidents
Injuries resulting from a slip and fall can be catastrophic and severe. A fall onto a hard surface, from a great height, or near dangerous objects all can cause severe injuries, permanent disabilities, and even death in some cases. Slip and fall accidents can result in the victim sustaining injuries such as:
- Head and brain injuries - concussions, lacerations, brain damage
- Neck injuries - whiplash, neck strain, cervical dislocation, or cervical disc damage
- Back injuries - strains, sprains, and herniated discs are common injuries to the lower back
- Spinal cord injuries - damage to the spinal cord, including paralysis
- Internal Injuries - injuries to major organs such as the kidneys, heart, liver, spleen, and intestines as well as fractured ribs
- Facial injuries - damage to the face including bruises, fractures, scrapes, lacerations, and broken jaws
How a Lake Worth Slip and Fall Attorney Can Help
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a slip and fall accident, you may be accruing expensive medical bills. You may be unable to return to work, which can lead to a devastating loss of income. However, you have options.
An experienced Lake Worth slip and fall lawyer could seek damages and compensation for your injuries, so that you can focus on healing and recovering. Contact an attorney for a free consultation to find out your legal options and how they can help you get the settlement that you deserve.