You should not ignore a brain injury after an accident in Nassau County. You will need a comprehensive approach from the legal to the clinical and medical.
Have you or a loved one experienced the profound impact of a traumatic brain injury (TBI) in Nassau County, New York? If someone else's carelessness causes harm, it's important to seek compensation for medical costs, lost wages, and emotional distress.
Traumatic brain injuries vary in severity, affecting victims differently. Concussions can cause minor or severe injuries that affect memory, movement, and basic motor skills, which can be overwhelming.
The good news is that you have the right to take legal action against the responsible party. A dedicated traumatic brain injury attorney in Nassau County can assist in holding them accountable.
Consultation with Medical Experts After an Accident in New York
The severity of a brain injury varies. Doctors need to work together to evaluate how bad it is. They also need to assess how it might affect someone in the future. These discussions establish a baseline for related medical expenses, aiding in estimating comprehensive compensation.
Moreover, these consultations help determine if you can personally represent your case in civil court. New York state allows other representatives in cases where a TBI may limit a person's ability to testify.
Representation for a Loved One with a Traumatic Brain Injury
New York state regulations don't permit family members to represent an injured party in civil court. Instead, a personal representative may be appointed if the injured party hasn't chosen one. Parents, however, retain the right to represent a child with a TBI in civil court.
Confused about your rights? Talking to a brain injury lawyer in New York can help you figure out what to do.
Key Information in a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim
Like other personal injury claims, a successful TBI claim must establish that:
- A duty of care was owed at the time of the accident
- The duty of care was violated, resulting in injury
- Financial or physical losses resulting from the injury
Gathering evidence, including physical evidence, testimony, and video footage, strengthens your case. Combine this with medical bills and expenses to build a robust defense of your right to compensation.
A Brain Injury Lawyer from New York - NY, from The Ward Law Group, will evaluate your case for free!
Estimating Compensation for Your Traumatic Brain Injury Case
Compensation for a TBI includes medical bills, at-home care, and assistance with daily living. You can also pursue damages for property loss, lost work opportunities, and non-billable damages like stress and pain. In cases of loss due to an unaddressed TBI, individuals can make claims for wrongful death and funeral assistance.
Your Traumatic Brain Injury Case Deadline
Statutes of limitation vary but can be as short as 90 days from the accident date. Consulting with an attorney promptly ensures your claim's timely and proper submission. Our knowledgeable attorneys at The Ward Law Group can guide you through this process.
Choose The Ward Law Group for Your TBI Case in Nassau County
If you or a loved one faces the challenges of a traumatic brain injury due to negligence, The Ward Law Group is here to support you. Our experienced traumatic brain injury attorneys can fight against the negligence that led to your injury.
Contact our traumatic brain injury attorneys in Nassau County to explore your rights after an accident. Request a consultation by filling out our contact form or calling our office at 855-DOLOR-55.
For more information on cases like yours, subscribe to The Ward Law Group's YouTube Channel.
Seeking Compensation for Traumatic Brain Injury in Different Scenarios
Can I pursue a lawsuit if I sustained a traumatic brain injury from a car accident?
In the aftermath of an automobile accident, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) often accompany other physical damages.
It is crucial to recognize and address these injuries as part of the overall damages suffered. If you have experienced a TBI in Nassau County due to a car accident, our seasoned legal team is here to help. Contact our office at 855-DOLOR-55 for a free consultation.
We'll discuss the nuances of your case and formulate a plan to maximize your recovery. We take cases related to brain damage, medical malpractice, personal injury cases, catastrophic injuries, spinal injuries, motor vehicle accidents, and much more!
Can I file a lawsuit against a property owner if I fell and sustained a head injury on their property?
Slip and fall accidents can lead to head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries. If you've suffered such an injury on someone else's property, whether pavement, linoleum, or tile-related, you may have a valid legal claim against the property owner or possessor.
In Nassau County or the surrounding areas, reach out to us promptly. We'll schedule a meeting to discuss your case comprehensively and outline the necessary steps to support your claim.
Choosing the Best Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
How do I choose the best traumatic brain injury attorney?
Given the complexity of these damages cases, selecting the right attorney for a traumatic brain injury case is crucial. Experience plays a vital role in handling TBIs, as signs may not always be apparent. A seasoned lawyer must identify subtle changes in behavior, personality, or work habits.
Our firm, with a wealth of experience in handling traumatic brain injury cases, understands the intricacies involved.
We'll guide you through the process, ensuring your recovery and building a robust case for your claim.
How The Ward Law Group Can Assist Victims
Suffering a traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a life-altering event that demands comprehensive support, not only in terms of medical care but also in dealing with insurance claims.
At The Ward Law Group, we understand the complexities of negotiating TBI claims with insurance companies. Our seasoned legal team is dedicated to assisting victims in Nassau County throughout the negotiation process to ensure they receive fair and just compensation.
- Expert TBI Assessment: Our experienced attorneys collaborate with medical professionals to thoroughly assess the extent of your traumatic brain injury. This detailed evaluation is a foundation for estimating the full range of damages you've incurred.
- Strategic Documentation: We meticulously document all relevant aspects of your case, including medical bills, treatment expenses, and any other economic losses associated with the TBI. This strategic documentation strengthens our negotiation position.
- Understanding Policy Limits: We navigate insurance policies to identify applicable coverage and determine policy limits. This insight is crucial for establishing the maximum compensation and optimizing negotiation strategies.
- Effective Communication: Our legal team excels in communicating with insurance companies on behalf of TBI victims. We handle all negotiations professionally and assertively, ensuring your rights and interests are effectively represented.
- Presenting Compelling Evidence: We compile and present compelling evidence, including medical records, expert opinions, and any other documentation supporting the severity of your TBI.
This evidence strengthens our negotiation stance and enhances the likelihood of a favorable outcome.
- Maximizing Compensation: Our goal is to maximize the compensation you receive. We pursue economic and non-economic damages such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Why Choose The Ward Law Group?
- Proven Track Record: With a successful track record in negotiating TBI claims, we bring a wealth of experience.
- Client-Centric Approach: Our focus is on personalized, client-centric representation. We prioritize your needs and well-being throughout the negotiation process.
- Legal Expertise: Our legal team comprises experts in personal injury law, including traumatic brain injury cases. We leverage our expertise to navigate complex negotiations effectively.
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury and needs assistance negotiating with insurance companies in Nassau County, contact The Ward Law Group at 855-DOLOR-55. Our dedicated team of New York Brain Injury Lawyers is ready to support you in securing the compensation you deserve.
Types of Brain Injuries Explained
Brain injuries encompass a range of classifications, each delineating specific damage to the delicate organ. The symptoms, whether immediate or prolonged, can vary based on the location and severity of the impact.
At The Ward Law Group, we comprehend the intricacies of these injuries and strive to ensure that victims receive the maximum compensation for their unique cases. We have the best brain and spine injury lawyers working for your case!
Classifications of Brain Injuries:
- Concussion: This occurs when the brain collides with the skull, leading to temporary symptoms such as headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, and mild confusion.
- Skull Fracture: In more severe cases, the bone encasing the brain may crack or break, with potential penetration of the brain itself.
- Hematoma: A collection of blood vessels breaking can result in a hematoma, where a significant amount of blood clots outside the vessels exert pressure on the brain.
- Hemorrhage: This involves uncontrolled bleeding within the brain tissue, posing a serious threat to the victim's health.
- Edema: Swelling of surrounding tissues can occur, adding to the complications of brain injuries.
- Diffuse Axonal Injury: Widespread damage to brain cells characterizes this type of injury, demanding careful attention and comprehensive legal support.
Symptoms of Brain Injuries Unveiled
At The Ward Law Group, we understand the nuanced spectrum of symptoms accompanying brain injuries. We strive to shed light on the severity of these conditions, advocating for victims' rights and ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve.
Mild or Moderate Symptoms of Concussion
Temporary discomforts, including:
- Mild confusion.
Indicators of More Severe Issues
- Slurred speech.
- Loss of consciousness.
- Loss of muscle control.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Cognitive difficulty.
Problems with sensory perceptions
- Emotional and mental challenges such as:
- Pain and Suffering
- Mood swings.
- Alterations in consciousness (coma or vegetative states).
Additional Warning Signs:
Leaking of clear fluid from the ear or nose, signaling potential underlying complications.
Our dedicated team is here to guide you through the complexities of such situations, ensuring you have the support and resources needed to navigate the challenges ahead. Depending on the unique circumstances of your case, we will vigorously pursue damages to address various aspects, including:
- Medical and Rehabilitative Costs:
Comprehensive coverage for necessary medical treatments and rehabilitation.
- Lost Income – Present and Future:
Seeking compensation for current and anticipated future income losses.
- Property Damage:
Addressing damages to property resulting from the incident.
- Medical Transport:
Reimbursement for expenses related to medical transportation.
- Replacement Services:
Compensation for services needed to replace those the injured person can no longer perform.
- Long-Term Nursing Care:
Ensuring coverage for ongoing nursing care requirements.
- Home Accessibility Alterations:
Seeking damages for modifications needed to make your home accessible.
- Pain and Suffering:
Pursuing compensation for the physical and emotional distress caused by the injury.
- Permanent Disability:
Advocating for financial support in the case of a permanent disability.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life:
Addressing the impact on the quality of life following the injury.
- Wrongful Death Claims:
In the tragic event of losing a loved one due to wrongful death caused by someone else's misconduct, our team will aggressively fight for compensation covering:
- Final Medical Costs:
Seeking reimbursement for medical expenses related to the final moments.
- End-of-Life Suffering:
Compensation for the pain and suffering endured by the deceased.
- Funeral/Burial or Cremation:
Coverage for funeral, burial, or cremation expenses.
- Lost Financial and Emotional Support:
Addressing the financial and emotional support lost with the passing of a loved one.
- Punitive Damages:
In cases where the defendant's misconduct is particularly egregious, the court may award punitive damages in addition to the above-listed compensatory damages. At The Ward Law Group, we stand ready to pursue the compensation you rightfully deserve relentlessly.
The best TBI injury lawyer in Nassau County
Remember that we offer you the advantage of attending and advising you completely in Spanish.
Our dedicated brain injury attorneys at The Ward Law Group stand ready to navigate the intricacies of these symptoms, recognizing the profound impact they have on victims' lives.
Advocating for your rights, we are committed to ensuring that victims of any type of brain injury receive the compensation they rightfully deserve.
We recognize the profound impact of brain injuries on individuals and their families. Call us at 855-DOLOR-55.
We work from our foundation to reduce the gap to competent legal access that exists in the Hispanic-American communities, which many times are victims of this type of accident and decide to remain silent or not to initiate a legal process for fear of immigration consequences or for fear of not understanding anything in English.
At The Ward Law Group, we care about building more inclusive communities and are here to help you!
Contact us today for a free evaluation! Our Personal Injury Attorneys are ready to serve you!