Being a pedestrian in the United States of America, and in Florida in particular, can be a challenge. Cities are unfortunately only designed for cars. The roads for pedestrians are almost always more hostile than they appear, where difficult weather can easily ruin a walk, or where the right pathways are not found to get from point A to point B on foot.
It seems that cities have been designed exclusively for cars. With more sedentary lifestyles and the long distances involved in moving between cities, most people choose the "comfort" of a car, leaving aside alternatives such as walking, even for short distances. We are so used to driving that walking is rarely an option for Florida residents.
However, there are those who especially enjoy an unhurried, unscheduled walk. Perhaps a Sunday afternoon watching the Doral sunset. Walking with a friend, or your family, having a leisurely conversation, without the rush of the daily routine, or the deadlines we must deal with during the week, each of us in our professions, doing the best we can as professionals in our jobs.
A leisurely walk becomes an escape for those who enjoy silence or feeling in touch with nature. However, as mentioned above, pedestrians in Florida and the Doral area don't always have it so easy. A Doral Pedestrian accident and car accidents in general could occurs in seconds.
Especially, those people who have recently arrived to live in this area, mostly immigrants, and do not have a car, because their budget is initially limited, will have to deal with all the difficulties of being a pedestrian in a state that has been designed for automobiles.
Our personal injury lawyers feel empathy for people who have just arrived to live in Florida in search of new dreams, and who do not have a vehicle to carry out their daily activities.
Not having a car in a state like Florida can imply several limitations, such as not being able to get to your place of work, not being able to get to know other areas of the state that are far away, as well as having to find new alternatives to move both short and long distances.
However, we know that people who leave their native country in search of new opportunities are not going to be discouraged by the fact of not having a car, that may even be a minor detail compared to the difficult lives they left behind.
We know that Florida's immigrant community is very vibrant and always going after their dreams. It is something we have experienced firsthand as a company, as part of the personal story of our founder Jany Martinez Ward, as well as the story of other immigrants who have helped The Ward Law Group grow professionally.
We sympathize with all the people who are starting a new life in Florida as immigrants, and we know that as permanent pedestrians, it will not be easy at first. From violent rain to extreme heat, these are just a few of the difficulties a walker may face when moving to our state and not having a car.
That is why our personal injury attorneys have been working all these years to ensure that the rights of pedestrians hit by a car and victims of accidents involving motor vehicles are respected. We want everyone to have access to justice regardless of their place of origin, or their native language.
At The Ward Law Group, we have defended hundreds of pedestrians whose lives have been affected by the negligence of others. Being hit by a car while walking is not a positive experience. A pedestrian accident case needs immediate decisions.
With our help, they have been able to recover from the emotional impact of such a negative experience and have been able to obtain monetary compensation that helped in part to repair the damages caused.
If you are a pedestrian in the Doral area of Florida and you have been struck by a motor vehicle, or if you believe your life has been endangered by an accident caused by the irresponsibility of a distracted or substance impaired driver, strongly consider contacting the pedestrian accident experts in the area.
The Ward Law Group is that team of professionals that will accompany you through the entire process and work together with all of its employees to achieve the justice you deserve.
We want to illustrate a little more about the subject of pedestrian accidents, so that you have more information at your disposal and know how to proceed if you have been involved in a similar case.
Join us as we review some of the basics surrounding these types of events.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Doral
To think of solutions, it is necessary to identify the causes of this phenomenon of pedestrian accidents. Our experts have witnessed a series of causes, from the most negligent, such as drunk driving, to others more linked to technical aspects. Among those that have been most repeated over the years are the following:
- Failure to Yield at Crosswalks: Drivers neglecting to yield the right of way to pedestrians at marked crosswalks, a common scenario leading to accidents involving walkers.
- Distracted Driving Incidents: The use of mobile phones or other distractions by motorists, diverting attention away from pedestrians and increasing the risk of collisions.
- Speeding in Residential Areas: Excessive speeding in residential zones where pedestrians may be present, heightening the likelihood of severe accidents. Speeding is linked with more than one case of pedestrian deaths.
- Disregarding Traffic Signals: Drivers ignoring traffic signals, especially at intersections, contributing to pedestrian accidents as walkers assume the right of way.
- Failure to Stop for School Buses: Motorists neglecting to stop for school buses, endangering pedestrians, particularly children, crossing streets or waiting at bus stops.
- Intoxicated Driving: Accidents involving pedestrians often result from drivers operating vehicles under the influence of alcohol or drugs, impairing their judgment and reaction times.
- Ignoring Pedestrian Right of Way: Drivers failing to acknowledge pedestrians' right of way at designated crossings, a critical factor in accidents at intersections.
- Poor Visibility Conditions: Inadequate street lighting or poorly maintained pedestrian walkways contributing to reduced visibility, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Reckless or Aggressive Driving: Aggressive driving behaviors such as tailgating or aggressive lane changes, posing a significant risk to pedestrians on or near roadways.
- Inadequate Infrastructure Design: Flaws in road design, such as the absence of sidewalks or poorly marked crosswalks, creating an environment where pedestrians face increased danger.
Understanding the various factors contributing to pedestrian accidents is crucial for promoting safety measures, advocating for infrastructure improvements, and enhancing overall awareness to protect pedestrians in Doral.
The Importance of a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Doral
Getting involved in a legal process without the proper advice and accompaniment during each of the stages of the same, could turn out to be a not very wise decision.
What we always recommend is that you seek the advice of the best professionals in the field to avoid unnecessary loss of time, as well as possible injuries that may go unpunished. The idea is to always respect the deadlines and negotiate an agreement with the corresponding insurance companies through an insurance claim in an efficient manner.
At The Ward Law Group, we are experts on the subject. We work every second so that the victims of these unfortunate events regain their smile at the end of the process. That hug between family members who regain the will to live, after realizing that justice rules them, has fulfilled our desire to serve others during each of our days.
We love happy endings, although that requires a lot of work and finding the best possible legal alternative. The path that ends up benefiting you in the short and long term. Do not start a legal process on your own, without the support of professionals who are experts in the matter.
If you have been the victim of a pedestrian accident in Florida, hit by a vehicle or be affected by any pedestrian fatalities, contact us immediately to schedule a free consultation and evaluation of your case.
Some very important points in which our advice will be very helpful are the following:
- Legal Expertise: Navigating the complexities of pedestrian accident laws in Doral requires a seasoned professional who understands the nuances of personal injury claims, ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Case Assessment: A skilled pedestrian accident lawyer assesses the unique details of your case, identifying strengths and potential challenges, to build a robust strategy tailored to your specific situation.
- Evidence Gathering: Experienced attorneys know the significance of compelling evidence. They work to gather relevant documentation, witness statements, police report and other proof crucial for establishing liability and strengthening your case.
- Insurance Negotiations: Dealing with insurance companies can be daunting. A proficient lawyer adeptly handles negotiations, safeguarding your interests and preventing insurers from exploiting loopholes to minimize payouts.
- Understanding Local Laws: Local regulations and traffic laws specific to Doral are integral to your case. A knowledgeable lawyer ensures compliance with these laws, leveraging them to your advantage.
- Medical Expertise: Pedestrian accidents often result in complex injuries that will need proper medical treatment. A lawyer with experience in such cases collaborates with medical experts to understand the full extent of your injuries, supporting comprehensive compensation claims. Medical bills will be defined after an analysis by a professional.
- Fighting for Maximum Compensation: A dedicated lawyer fights tirelessly to secure the maximum compensation available for your case, addressing immediate medical expenses, ongoing treatments, lost wages, and intangible losses like pain and suffering.
- Adherence to Timelines: Legal proceedings have strict timelines. A lawyer ensures all necessary documents are filed promptly, preventing procedural delays that could jeopardize your case.
- Trial Representation: In the event negotiations don't yield a fair settlement, a skilled pedestrian accident lawyer is prepared to take your case to trial, advocating for your rights before a court of law.
- Protection Against Legal Tactics: Insurance companies may employ tactics to minimize payouts. A lawyer acts as a shield, protecting you from such tactics and ensuring you are not taken advantage of during the claims process.
- Emotional Support: Dealing with the aftermath of a pedestrian accident can be emotionally taxing. A compassionate lawyer provides not only legal guidance but also emotional support, understanding the challenges you may face.
- Holistic Approach: A pedestrian accident lawyer from The Ward Law Group takes a holistic approach, considering both immediate and long-term impacts of the accident. This ensures that all aspects of your well-being are taken into account in seeking comprehensive compensation.
The importance of receiving legal advice in your language:
Something that characterizes us since we started in the field of personal injuries is that we have always seen a way to include the Spanish-speaking community within the Florida justice system. We believe that everyone should have access to justice, even in difficult immigration conditions.
Consider that if you decide to take your case with The Ward Law Group, you will be able to receive all legal advice in Spanish, and not miss any details of the entire process. You will not feel excluded, by not receiving timely advice in your language, and you will know first-hand all the relevant information in your case.
At our law firm, we work for the interests of the entire Spanish-speaking community in Florida and now New York.
Write to us internally through our contact information on this webpage to learn more about the process you must follow to have our services on your side.
FAQs on Pedestrian Accident Claims in Doral
Resolving your doubts is important so that you make the decision to have the appropriate legal representation. Below, we present some of the most common questions that come to our office regarding pedestrian accidents in Doral.
Q: What should I do immediately after a pedestrian accident in Doral?
A: Seek medical attention promptly, contact law enforcement to file a report, gather witness information, and refrain from discussing the details with the at-fault party's insurance without legal counsel.
Q: How long do I have to file a pedestrian accident claim in Doral?
A: In Doral, the statute of limitations for filing a pedestrian accident claim is typically four years from the date of the incident. However, it's advisable to consult with a lawyer promptly to ensure compliance with all deadlines.
Q: What if I was partially at fault for the pedestrian accident in Doral?
A: Florida follows a comparative negligence system. If you share some fault, your compensation may be reduced proportionally. Consulting with a lawyer can help assess how this may impact your case.
Q: What damages can I recover in a pedestrian accident claim?
A: Damages may include medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. A thorough case evaluation with a pedestrian accident lawyer helps determine the specific damages applicable to your situation.
Q: Is it necessary to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Doral?
A: While not mandatory, having a lawyer significantly enhances your chances of securing fair compensation. A lawyer navigates the legal complexities, negotiates with insurers, and ensures your rights are protected.
Q: Can I still pursue a pedestrian accident claim if the at-fault driver fled the scene?
A: Yes, you may still pursue a claim through your uninsured motorist coverage. Consulting with a lawyer is crucial to explore all available options and guide you through the process.
Q: How long does it take to resolve a pedestrian accident claim in Doral?
A: The duration varies based on factors like the complexity of the case and negotiations with insurance companies. A lawyer can provide a more accurate timeline after assessing the specifics of your claim.
We hope that this information has been very valuable to you, and that you do not hesitate to count on our support to take your case forward. Lift that spirit. You're not alone. Receive a brotherly hug from our entire team, and trust that justice will prove you right if you have the experts on your side.