Speed. The sensation of freedom. As in the final scene of a movie. The character crosses the city of Hong Kong with his girlfriend, dissolving its silhouette with his motorcycle between long highways. Wong Kar Wai, a Chinese filmmaker, tries to capture the feeling that a motorcycle can transmit—the sensation of melting into space.
But dealing with speed is not always as easy in real life as in the movies. Usually, bad management of this means of transport leads to combinations that are not very safe for public order. Inexperienced or very passionate drivers concerning motorcycles can generate accidents or situations that affect pedestrians, cyclists, or anyone moving near them.
The Ward Law Group can assist you if you believe a careless driver has risked your safety. They will guide you through the legal process to ensure positive outcomes for our clients. Although the exact number of fatal motorcycle accidents in Florida has fluctuated over the past few years, sources may differ. Regardless of the method used, Florida has some of the highest rates of motorcycle fatalities nationwide.
Motorbike Deaths and motorcycle crashes are Increasing. Every year, the FHSMV keeps track of motorcycle accidents and fatalities. Their four-year data set demonstrates that 8,045 motorcycle accident victims in 2020 claimed 552 lives. 8,649 accidents in 2021 led to 621 fatalities.
A total of 9,156 accidents in 2022 led to 590 fatalities. Thus far, in 2023, 4,164 accidents have claimed 240 lives. In Florida, motorcycle accidents have been increasing, and the number of deaths has also been rising at a similar rate.
This behavior towards increasing numbers makes us think doubly about the role of prevention. To build together as a community a message that is part of an awareness work regarding the use of motorcycles under certain criteria of lucidity in drivers. Avoid exposing themselves to risky situations and exposing those around them to the consequences of bad decisions.
Motorcycles help in cities as they are cheaper and provide transportation options for many people, saving on fuel costs. New electric motorcycles that make less noise pollution are a big change in how these vehicles are made.
However, not everyone always thinks rationally. Some individuals combine their desire for speed with dangerous circumstances, risking their lives. Although it may seem obvious, alcohol and motorcycles are not a good combination either. Bad decisions often lead to tragic situations, where people's pain makes it difficult to find quick solutions.
The Ward Law Group understands the legal process for obtaining compensation after motorcycle accidents and personal injuries in Davie, Florida. Have you been involved in a similar case?
If you were injured on a motorcycle, you can schedule a free consultation with us and receive a free case evaluation so we can let you know the legal outlook for your case. This will be the first step to finding the compensation you deserve.
Remember that we have a special differential within the field. We give a human approach to all cases that knock on the door of our office.
We are defending a legal process. We also want the victims of these events to be able to integrate the event into their lives. Additionally, we want them to receive the justice they deserve.
Suppose you would like to receive comprehensive support based on the values that define us: serving our colleagues, clients, and community. Contact our offices now to discuss your case and form a bond to win legal battles together.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Davie, FL.
Our Davie motorcycle accident lawyers have seen many causes for these events during their years of experience in the field. We previously mentioned some examples, such as addiction to speed and using substances that affect reaction time. These combinations are unsafe and pose a risk to people's safety.
The Ward Law Group's Motorcycle Accident attorneys discussed the main causes of these events. They identified the following as the most common ones.
- Distracted Driving: Many motorcycle accidents result from drivers being distracted by their phones, adjusting the radio, or engaging in other activities while behind the wheel.
- Failure to Yield: Drivers often fail to yield the right of way to motorcycles, leading to collisions at intersections and highway merges.
- Speeding: Excessive speed is a significant factor in motorcycle accidents, reducing the time for motorcyclists and other drivers to react to changing road conditions.
- Lane Splitting: In heavy traffic, some motorcyclists engage in lane splitting, maneuvering between lanes. This can lead to accidents if other drivers are unaware or do not anticipate the motorcyclist's movements.
- Impaired Driving: Alcohol and drugs impair judgment and coordination, significantly increasing the risk of accidents involving motorcycles.
- Poor Road Conditions: Uneven road surfaces, potholes, and lack of proper signage can contribute to motorcycle accidents, causing riders to lose control.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Novice motorcyclists or those with insufficient training may struggle to handle their bikes, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Left-Turn Accidents: Collisions often occur when a car makes a left turn in front of an oncoming motorcycle, misjudging the distance and speed of the bike.
- Vehicle Door Collisions: Opening a car door without checking for oncoming motorcycles can lead to serious accidents, especially in urban areas.
- Motorcycle Defects: Mechanical failures or defects in the motorcycle, such as brake malfunctions or tire blowouts, can contribute to accidents.
- Weather Conditions: Adverse weather, such as rain or strong winds, can make roads slippery and reduce visibility, increasing the risk of motorcycle accidents.
- Reckless Riding: Some motorcyclists engage in risky behaviors, such as aggressive weaving between vehicles or performing stunts, leading to accidents.
The causes that generate these unfortunate events may vary according to each circumstance. Nevertheless, the basic recommendations remain to avoid the common causes mentioned. For example, driving a motorcycle follows a rational logic of care and respect for the surrounding environment. If the link with reality is lost, a motorcycle driver can become a time bomb.
The Role of a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Davie
Hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer in Davie, Florida, will help ensure that the legal process you are initiating goes smoothly and achieves a final result in your favor. You get the compensation you deserve for the harm done to you. Time is used effectively based on Florida's legal deadlines.
Understanding legal terms and motorcycle accident claims can be challenging. This is especially true for individuals who have studied the subject for a long time. It becomes even more difficult for those who lack knowledge about the legal system in their state.
It becomes even more difficult for someone who lacks knowledge about the legal system in their state. That is why a lawyer specializing in the field will save you time and money and guarantee a high probability of an outcome in your favor.
Some crucial points on which our experts can help you during the legal process you undertake are the following:
- Legal Consultation: Motorcycle accident lawyers offer initial consultations to discuss the case details, assess its merits, and provide legal advice to potential clients.
- Case Evaluation: Lawyers conduct a thorough evaluation of the motorcycle accident case, considering factors such as liability, damages, and potential legal strategies.
- Evidence Collection: One of the key roles is gathering evidence, including accident reports, witness statements, police reports, and any available video footage to strengthen the client's case.
- Communication with Insurance Companies: Lawyers handle all communication with insurance companies, ensuring that their clients' rights are protected and that they are not coerced into accepting inadequate settlements.
- Negotiation Skills: A crucial aspect involves negotiating with insurance adjusters to secure fair compensation for medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering provoked by the fault party.
- Lawsuit Filing: If negotiations fail to reach a satisfactory outcome, lawyers initiate the legal process by filing a lawsuit or a claim on the client's behalf.
- Legal Advocacy: Lawyers serve as strong advocates in court, presenting the case persuasively and representing their client's interests during legal proceedings.
- Expert Witness Coordination: In complex cases, lawyers may coordinate with expert witnesses, such as accident reconstruction specialists or medical professionals, to provide testimony supporting the client's claims and determine who is at fault for the accident.
- Navigating Legal Procedures: Motorcycle accident lawyers guide clients through the legal process, explaining each step, filing paperwork correctly, and meeting all deadlines.
- Client Education: Lawyers educate clients about their rights, the legal process, and what to expect, fostering clear communication and trust throughout the case.
- Settlement Assessment: Lawyers assess settlement offers, advising clients on whether to accept or pursue further legal action based on the adequacy of the proposed compensation.
- In-depth Legal Knowledge: Possessing extensive knowledge of personal injury and traffic laws, lawyers apply legal principles to build compelling cases and counter opposing arguments.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Lawyers explore alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation, to potentially resolve the case more efficiently while still protecting the client's interests.
- Court Representation: When trials are necessary, lawyers represent clients in court, presenting evidence, examining witnesses, and making legal arguments to support their claims.
- Post-Settlement Assistance: Even after a settlement, lawyers may assist clients with tasks such as medical bill payment negotiations and ensuring all aspects of the settlement are fulfilled.
Laws Affecting Motorcycle Riders in Florida
To avoid unnecessary problems, if you are a motorcyclist or ride in an area with many motorcycles in circulation, it is good to have some notions about the laws that affect the driving and use of this type of vehicle.
Here are some rules for using motorcycles in Florida, including the Davie area.
Motorcycle Helmet Law:
- Florida law requires all motorcycle riders and passengers under 21 to wear helmets.
- Riders 21 years and older, covered by an insurance policy providing at least $10,000 in medical benefits for injuries sustained in a crash, can opt not to wear helmets.
Eye Protection Requirement:
- All motorcycle operators must wear eye protection unless the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen.
- The height of handlebars on motorcycles is regulated. They must not be positioned higher than the shoulders of the person operating the motorcycle.
Footrests and Passenger Seats:
- Motorcycles must be equipped with footrests for passengers, and passengers must use these footrests while the motorcycle is in motion.
- Florida law mandates that motorcycles have their headlights on at all times, even during daylight hours, for increased visibility.
Lane Splitting Prohibition:
- Lane splitting, which is the act of a motorcycle riding between traffic lanes or rows of vehicles, is prohibited in Florida.
- Motorcycle riders must obtain a motorcycle-only license or have a motorcycle endorsement on their regular driver's license.
Motorcycle Insurance Requirements:
- Florida law requires motorcycle owners to carry insurance coverage, including at least $10,000 in property damage liability (PDL) and $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP).
- Motorcycles must comply with noise restrictions outlined in Florida law, limiting excessive or unusual noise levels.
- Motorcycles are subject to periodic inspections to meet safety and emissions standards.
After receiving all this information, we know your life in Davie will be safer, and you will take the necessary precautions to avoid bad times.
At The Ward Law Group, we are committed to doing awareness work that helps us build the community we deserve together. A peaceful place for bikers, cyclists, walkers, drivers, and anyone who wants to move around safely without fear of harm.
Follow our content closely. Visit all our social networks. And become a more informed citizen capable of dealing with complicated situations in Florida traffic.
We are here to help you move forward with a difficult experience and make up for lost time. Transmitting the knowledge we have acquired over the years is a pleasure.