Florida is a destination highly visited by tourists, and many people drive with limited knowledge of the law. This is a short guide to help visitors:
- Fasten your seatbelt and your passengers at any age, children under the age of 3 must use the safety seat, from the age of 4 can use only the seat belt and must sit in the back seat of the vehicle;
- Keep right on the road. Speed limits will be posted along every road.
- The lights should be on from dusk to dawn when it is a foggy or rainy day.
- If you see a policeman, a crane or a rough car in the shoulder ahead, you should move over a lane and slow down.
- If you decide to use toll roads, it is ideal to have cash at hand or purchase a SunPass.
- Drivers will be able to dial from your smartphone *FHP to communicate with the Florida Highway Patrol.
- It is forbidden to ingest alcohol and drugs while driving, even if your blood level is .08 degrees of alcohol you are committing a crime called DUI (Driving Under the Influence).