Seeking Compensation After an Accident
Nassau County accounts for over 11 percent of all motor vehicle crashes in New York, as reported by the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Among these incidents, rear-end collisions between vehicles contribute to the statistics.
Injuries resulting from rear-end crashes span from minor cuts and bruises to severe conditions like brain trauma, broken bones, and whiplash. Tragically, some of these accidents lead to wrongful deaths.
The negligence or carelessness of at least one party usually contributes to a driver colliding with the vehicle in front.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a rear-end car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for damages.
Reach out to a Nassau County rear-end collision lawyer to explore your legal options. An experienced car accident attorney can guide you in pursuing the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Determining Fault in a Rear-End Collision
Under New York law, specifically Section 1129 of the Vehicle and Traffic Code, tailgating or following another car too closely is prohibited.
If a driver rear-ends another car, the court will presume the rear driver is at fault, even if the front driver abruptly slams on their brakes.
However, this presumption can be challenged in specific scenarios. For instance, if the front driver's brake lights were malfunctioning or if they signaled to turn but failed to do so, there may be evidence to overcome the presumption of fault on the rear driver.
Nassau County follows the comparative negligence rule outlined in Section 1411 of the state’s Civil Practice Laws and Rules (CPLR).
This rule considers the liability of the negligent party. If a court determines that the injured party shares some fault (e.g., 15 percent) for the rear-end accident, their recovery of damages would be proportional (85 percent).
Compensation for Damages
In the aftermath of a rear-end car accident, an injured party may be eligible for compensation covering:
- Medical expenses - Medical Treatment (present and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income and wages
- Loss of future earning potential
- Loss of property
The responsible party is obligated to cover these damages. According to New York law, drivers must maintain insurance covering property damage, bodily injury, and death. However, if the damages surpass the insured amount, additional compensation may be awarded at the court's discretion.
How can a Nassau County Rear-End Car Accident Attorney from The Ward Law Assist?
Dealing with the aftermath of rear-end car accidents in New York City can be overwhelming. Coping with car damage and substantial medical bills becomes even more challenging if insurance falls short.
Protecting Your Rights and Pursuing Compensation After a Car Accident - should I get a lawyer for a rear-end car accident?
Experiencing a car accident, especially a rear-end collision in New York state, can be overwhelming when faced with the complexities of legal proceedings.
If you find yourself in such a situation, a car accident lawyer at The Ward Law Group is ready to serve as your dedicated legal advocate in Nassau County.
Our comprehensive legal assistance includes:
- Communication Management: We handle all communication with third parties, particularly insurance companies, to protect your rights.
- Deadline Management: Meeting crucial deadlines is vital to safeguard your legal rights. We take care of all deadlines associated with your case.
- Thorough Accident Investigation: Our team thoroughly investigates your accident to identify the responsible party and build a robust case on your behalf.
- Document and Evidence Collection: Gathering necessary documents and evidence is a critical aspect of your claim. We meticulously compile the required materials to support your case.
- Claim Filing: We take charge of filing your claim with the insurance company, ensuring all essential information is presented accurately.
- Negotiation for Maximum Compensation: Our goal is to secure the highest possible compensation for you. We negotiate assertively on your behalf.
- Litigation Support: If your case requires legal proceedings, we are prepared to take it to court and present your case to the judge and jury.
At The Ward Law Group, our mission as personal injury attorneys is to alleviate the legal burdens you face after a car accident, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Comprehensive Representation for Nassau County Car Accidents
Navigating the aftermath of a car accident requires a skilled legal team with experience handling diverse cases.
The Ward Law Group specializes in a broad spectrum of Nassau County car accident scenarios, offering you dedicated support and tailored legal assistance.
Our expertise encompasses various car accident cases, including but not limited to:
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents: Victims of accidents involving bicycles or pedestrians deserve diligent representation to secure rightful compensation.
- Bus, Trucks, or Other Large Vehicle Accidents: Collisions involving buses, trucks, or large vehicles often result in severe injuries. Our team is equipped to handle these complex cases.
- Accidents Caused by Drunk Drivers: If you've been impacted by an accident caused by a drunk driver, we'll work tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Multiple Vehicle Accidents, Including Highway Pileups: Complex accidents involving multiple vehicles demand a nuanced approach, and our team is adept at handling such intricate cases.
- Objects on the Road: Accidents caused by objects on the road require thorough investigation and skilled advocacy, which our team is committed to providing.
- Vehicle Roll-Overs: Roll-over accidents can lead to significant injuries. We're here to help you navigate the legal process and pursue the compensation you need for recovery.
- Collisions Caused by Weather Conditions: Weather-related accidents present unique challenges. Our team has the experience to address these complexities and advocate for your rights.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a vehicle collision or any other car accident, The Ward Law Group is here to champion your cause.
Unlike dealing with insurance companies, our team stands firmly on your side. Connect with us today at 855-DOLOR-55 to initiate the path to recovery and rightful compensation.
Experienced Rear-End Collision Attorneys Supporting Victims in Nassau County.
In the state of New York, approximately 12,000 people find themselves hospitalized annually due to car accidents, averaging around 62 individuals per 100,000. Tragically, over 1,000 lives are lost each year in rear-end collisions.
Disturbingly, driver inattention and following too closely contribute to more than 35% of all accidents, totaling over 92,000 incidents in 2014 alone. Following too closely, a primary cause of rear-end collisions led to over twenty thousand personal injuries and instances of property damage.
Causes of Rear-End Collisions
Numerous factors contribute to rear-end collisions, some unavoidable, such as hazardous road conditions or vehicle malfunctions. To conclude who was responsible for the accident (fault party), it is important to analyze the possible causes.
However, inattentive driving and aggressive behaviors like tailgating are significant contributors. Generally, the car in the rear is considered at fault, as maintaining a safe following distance is crucial to avoiding collisions.
Despite the common belief that the rear vehicle is always at fault, certain instances may indicate fault on the part of the front driver, including:
- Improper Stopping Procedures
- Driving Under the Influence of Substances
- Reckless Pulling Out in Front of Another Vehicle
- Inattentive Reversing
- Improper Lane Changes Without Signaling
If you have suffered injuries in a rear-end collision, you may be entitled to compensation during your recovery.
A skilled attorney can assist in litigating your case and assessing your eligibility for economic and non-economic damages. The Ward Law Group is here to provide the legal support you need. Contact us today at 855-DOLOR-55 for a free consultation.
Injuries of car accident victims Resulting from Rear-End Collisions
Being involved in a rear-end accident can lead to various injuries, particularly those affecting the neck and head.
Due to the lack of protection for the neck compared to the rest of the spinal column, it becomes vulnerable to these types of collisions.
Swift head movement in a rear-end impact strains the tissues in the cervical spine, potentially resulting in the following symptoms or injuries:
Whiplash or Neck Injury
Whiplash is a common consequence, leading to discomfort and potential long-term effects on the neck.
Symptoms: Headaches, migraines, neck pain, reduced range of motion, diminished quality of life.
The abrupt motion in a rear-end collision can cause damage to the vertebrae, resulting in various complications.
Effects: Numbness, pinched nerves, herniated disks, worsened or blurred vision.
Impact from a rear-end collision may cause head injuries of varying severity.
Consequences: Concussions, fractures, sprains, lacerations from broken glass.
If you're grappling with pain or discomfort due to these injuries, seeking advice from a legal professional specializing in Rear-End Collisions and New York Traffic and Safety law is advisable.
The Ward Law Group is here to offer support and guidance tailored to your situation. Contact us at 855-DOLOR-55 for a complimentary consultation.
Liability in Rear-End Collisions: Understanding Your Rights
Rear-end collisions often result in minor injuries, typically falling under no-fault insurance laws. In such cases, each driver contacts their insurance company to file for damages.
However, in more severe instances, a police report becomes crucial to determine if any traffic violations occurred before initiating a personal injury lawsuit. Drivers involved should gather information and statements from eyewitnesses in preparation for potential court proceedings.
Injuries that surpass the serious injury threshold empower you to sue for damages. These include:
- Death or Loss
- Severe Disfigurement
- Permanent Loss or Limitation of a Bodily Organ, Member, Function, or System
- Limitation of Your Body or System
- Medically Determined Injury Preventing Normal Life for at Least 90 Days in the Subsequent 180 Days.
New York Traffic Laws play a crucial role in determining liability in rear-end collisions. Additionally, the state's Vehicle and Traffic Law, Section 1129, makes tailgating illegal, reinforcing the importance of maintaining a safe following distance.
Contact a Rear-End Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you've experienced life-altering injuries or face wrongful accusations in your collision case, consult with our skilled attorneys at The Ward Law Group.
New York is a no-fault state, which means that insureds are generally reimbursed by their insurance company for damages regardless of who was responsible for causing the accident.
Contact Your Lawyers Here
Contact our team today for a free consultation and discuss the specifics of your Nassau County car accident case at 855-DOLOR-55. Your rights and compensation deserve the protection of a skilled legal team.
If you or a loved one has experienced damages in a rear-end car accident, contact a Nassau County rear-end car accident attorney.
Our legal team at The Ward Law Group is here to assist you in navigating the complexities of your case and securing the compensation you deserve.
Call us at 855-DOLOR-55 for personalized legal support tailored to your needs. One of our rear-end car accident lawyers will be ready to evaluate your case!
Our expertise in New York Traffic Laws positions us to protect your rights effectively if you are injured.