The Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Kissimmee, FL
We run a million miles an hour in every direction every single day. We go to the gym, see movies, walk the dog, and much, much more. Usually, these things occur without incident, but all it takes is a single moment to derail all your plans. A personal injury can change the course of your entire life, especially if the injury is incapacitating. And as you try to make a return to the status quo, the expenses just keep piling up. You end up stressing about missing work, finding proper medical care, balancing your finances, and more.
While this may be the case, if your personal injury resulted from the negligence of a third party, then you may be able to secure a settlement for the costs. This means that expenses such as your medical bills, lost earnings capacity, and even intangibles such as psychological distress may be recoverable.
However, you cannot tread these waters by yourself. You’re going to need a group of expert attorneys behind you every step of the way—especially if you have sustained injuries. As an added difficulty, the insurance companies will not make this easy for you.
Thankfully, The Ward Law Group can make your life easier. Our seasoned attorneys will do everything in their power to maximize your settlement. And, if you speak Spanish, The Ward Law Group provides bilingual legal services to help you best the insurance adjusters.
Personal Injury Statistics for Kissimmee, FL
In Florida, most personal injuries result from automobile collisions. Florida’s Integrated Report Exchange System (FIRES) provides daily reports for car accident statistics. Here are some statistics so far for the year 2019:
- 82,855 total motor vehicle crashes
- 34,638 injury-causing crashes
- 52,510 total injuries
- 565 crashes with traffic fatalities
- 608 total traffic fatalities
Of course, this is not the only way to become a victim of a personal injury. Other types of personal injuries occur from premises liability accidents, boat accidents, hit-and-run incidents, product liability, truck accidents, and much more. Regardless of the nature of your incident, The Ward Law Group is here to help guide you through your journey. If you have recently suffered an accident that resulted in personal injury, then please contact our team of expert attorneys today!
Types of Personal Injuries
Slip and fall accidents are another common cause of personal injury for Florida residents. As a matter of fact, slip and fall incidents are the primary source of injury-related fatalities among state residents age 65 and older.
Of course, it doesn’t matter how your accident occurs (e.g. car accident vs. slip & fall), only that it does. The Ward Law Group is here to help guide you through this process. Injuries from these types of accidents vary significantly, from constant, annoying pain to life-changing conditions. As such, The Ward Law Group has represented victims who have suffered from all types of injuries, such as:
- Bone fractures
- Herniated disc
- Internal bleeding
- …and more.
A good number of injuries on this list are life-changing, while others are less critical but still require medical evaluation. However, many of these problems will prevent you from being able to enjoy your life to the fullest. You do not want the extra stress of financial hardship added to the mix. The Ward Law Group of Kissimmee, FL will do everything that they can to make sure that you are able to heal without the added worry of being financially burdened by your case.
Personal Injury Law & Accident Compensation
Personal injury cases span many different types of accidents, so it is often best to examine isolated scenarios. For instance, it is important to know that Florida is a no-fault state. This means that in a car accident, each driver’s insurance policy covers their own injuries, no matter who is deemed responsible for the accident.
Of course, there are always exceptions. You can, for example, file a lawsuit if the accident results in a “permanent” injury. According to Florida law, a catastrophic injury is defined as:
- Involving disfigurement or extensive scarring
- Involving major loss of a bodily function
- Causing significant and permanent damage
- Leading to wrongful death
If your injury meets any of these legal definitions, then you can sue for the following forms of settlement:
- Medical Expenses: Personal injuries are not cheap. The costs can add up quickly because of trips to the emergency room, therapeutic treatments, prescription medicines, and much more. Even with insurance, these bills tend to be very expensive.
- Property Damage: An accident of any kind may result in some degree of property damage. For example, with car accidents, you may be entitled to damages for your clothes and personal electronics (in addition to bodywork and repairs).
- Intangible Damages: This concerns any emotional trauma that you sustained as a result of the accident. Your lawyer will be able to help you calculate these damages.
- Lost Wages & Earnings Capacity: Lost wages refer to instances in which your injury has put you out of work. Lost earnings capacity, on the other hand, can be obtained if your injury affects your ability to work on a long-term basis.
The Ward Law Group is Here to Help
The Ward Law Group of Kissimmee, FL is dedicated to making sure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your personal injury claim. Don’t let the insurance companies trick you into thinking that you’re not eligible for compensation. Adjusters are simply trying to turn a profit at your expense. Instead, contact a seasoned personal injury firm today. Contact The Ward Law Group!
Maximizing Your Claim: Immediate Steps to Take After an Accident
If you suffer an injury that you believe to be the fault of a negligent party, then make sure that you follow these simple guidelines:
- Call the police: After sustaining a personal injury in an accident, you should always contact the police first. The police know how to record the crucial elements that will affect your case. In addition, possessing a police report that establishes the other party’s negligence will only bolster your case.
- Request medical consultation: Even if your injuries seem minor, you should still request a medical evaluation. Doing so will provide an irrefutable account of your injuries as well as underscore the recklessness of the responsible party.
- Record all the particulars of your accident: You should only complete this step if you are capable at the time of the accident. If you can, use your smartphone to snap photos of the scene, making sure to take pictures of your injuries, any property damage, or unsafe conditions. If the other party ever attempts to misrepresent your case, then a picture speaks a thousand words.
- Contact The Ward Law Group: Again, perform this step as soon as you are capable. The sooner you contact The Ward Law Group, the more evidence we will be able to amass to optimize your settlement.
How The Ward Law Group Can Help
Big-name insurance companies will always attempt to make a profit off of your case. After all, it’s in their job description. They couldn’t care less about your welfare when it comes to meeting their bottom line and the company quota. The Ward Law Group will do everything in our power to stop them from getting away with it.
The Ward Law Group has experience helping people obtain money for a variety of personal injuries. These include: car accident, bike accident, boat accident, bus accident, hit and run, insurance claim, medical malpractice, pedestrian accident, wrongful death, nursing home, and more!
Don’t forget: Our personal injury lawyers serve both English and Spanish-speaking clients. Our attorneys won’t allow the insurance companies to use your language against you when it comes settlement time. Contact our award-winning Kissimmee, FL lawyers today and get started off on the right foot. The compensation that you’re rightfully owed depends on it!
Áreas de Práctica
Accidente de Bicicleta
Accidente de Autobús
Accidente de Autos
Accidente de Lyft
Accidente de Motocicleta
Accidente de Peatones
Accidente de Uber
Accidentes de Camiones