Advocating for You: Personal Injury & T-Bone Accident Lawyers
Every time you step into the driver’s side of your automobile, you assume a certain amount of risk. Granted, this risk is minuscule. Otherwise, we would probably still be riding horses and walking everywhere. That being said, when an accident does occur, the consequences are often devastating and life-changing. Even in instances where you suffer no bodily harm, you end up contending with monstrous financial damages. Not to mention any legal fees that you will incur along the way… And, that’s often on top of losing your primary mode of transportation.
Moreover, car accidents come in many different forms—some much more serious than others. T-bone accidents, while often not as severe as head-on collisions or rollover accidents, are nonetheless particularly unique. Depending on the circumstances, the court could find either driver—the one who was broadsided or the one who barreled into them—at-fault for the accident. Maybe the other driver ran a red light and smashed into the side of your vehicle. Or, perhaps the other party cut in front of you at an intersection, delivering the front of your vehicle into the side of theirs. Though who was at-fault here may seem obvious, proving negligence in a court of law is often not so clear-cut.
For that, you’re going to need to contact The Ward Law Group. Our firm hosts a wide array of highly experienced lawyers who are well-versed in every variation of car accident imaginable. Additionally, our legal team speaks both English and Spanish. If you speak Spanish, then you don’t need to feel left out. Either way, The Ward Law Group is here to back you up!
Common Types of Insurance Claims that We Settle
While side-impact crashes are often not as severe as head-on collisions or rollover accidents, the truth is that they are not far behind. First of all, they are not that uncommon, accounting for roughly 13% of all car accidents in the United States. Not only that, but 18% of all car accident fatalities in the country are the direct result of a side-impact collision.
These collisions come in many varieties with the most common subtypes being:
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving occurs when a driver exhibits a blatant disregard for the rules of the road. They may speed, brake check, tailgate, or engage in other such dangerous driving behaviors. Speeding, in particular, is one of the most common causes of T-bone accidents.
- Drunk Driving: Any amount of alcohol in the system may lead to impairment while driving on the road. Alcohol will affect a person’s muscle coordination, judgment, vision, and more. All of these factors blend together in a deadly cocktail, increasing the risk of an accident occurring nearly ten-fold.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving describes any behavior that takes a vehicle operator’s attention away from the task of safe driving. This may include texting, holding a conversation with passengers, adjusting the radio, navigating a GPS, and more. Like speeding, distracted driving naturally leads to a higher number of T-bone accidents than safe driving.
These are just a few examples of T-bone accidents that may occur out there on the road. In addition to the listed three, The Ward Law Group also has experience handling:
- Multiple vehicle pileups
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- …and more.
Types of T-bone Accident Injuries & Compensation
The concerning thing about side-impact collisions is that they are often directly caused by one or more of the drivers speeding. Naturally, the faster a vehicle is moving at the time of the collision, the more likely you are to experience bodily harm. Injuries come in all shapes and sizes, but some of the most common forms include:
- Bruises and Lacerations
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Herniated Discs
- Bone Fractures
- Wrongful Death
- …and more.
Personal injuries complicate things. For one, an injury can put you out of commission for quite some time, making it more difficult to collect your itemized receipts and perform other basic functions. Additionally, it opens up your case to more avenues of compensation, which only an experienced lawyer will be able to identify and secure. These forms of financial reparations include:
- Intangible Damages: Sometimes, an accident causes damages that you can’t see. You may end up with post-traumatic stress disorder or it could affect your ability to have relationships with your loved ones (loss of consortium). Either way, you may be entitled to compensation for these damages.
- Property Damage: Most people only think of their vehicle when they envision property damage, but sometimes accidents affect more than just that. The crash may have also resulted in damage to your clothes, electronic devices, jewelry, and more.
- Medical Expenses: Car accidents often lead to a pile of medical bills. You may be able to receive compensation for your hospital stays, emergency surgical procedures, physical therapy, visits to the doctor, and much more.
- Loss of Income: If your injury interferes with your ability to work, you may be able to receive financial reparation for your forced absences.
Reach Out to the Ward Law Group
The Ward Law Group was founded by Gregory Ward and Jany Martinez-Ward, who are both highly respected leaders in their field. Over their long careers, they have amassed millions of dollars in settlement payouts for victims of personal injury accidents. In some cases, they have even been able to recover millions of dollars for a single client! In fact, they have accomplished this seemingly impossible feat multiple times. This is because the Wards know how to squeeze every possible ounce of potential out of your settlement. With stats like these, why would you turn to anyone else?
Maximizing Your Claim: Immediate Steps to Take After an Accident
If you find yourself on the receiving end of a T-bone accident, you should know that there are a number of necessary steps that you need to take immediately afterward. It probably goes without saying, but after any motor vehicle accident, you should always contact the authorities. Get the police involved, make sure that everyone is ok, and seek out a medical evaluation immediately. Believe it or not, seeking out medical treatment will actually strengthen your claim in the long-run.
Get the police involved (even if you were at-fault) for two important reasons: 1). The police will write up a report and 2). they will direct traffic around the scene of the incident. Make sure you obtain a copy of this report as it will come in handy later on during the claims process. Additionally, request the contact information of all parties involved. Obviously, you want to obtain the other driver’s information. However, you should also seek out the contact details of any witnesses to the accident (if there are any).
During this entire process, make sure that you are keeping track of your itemized receipts. If you are paying a bill that is in any way related to your accident, keep a record of it. This means you should keep notes of your vehicle repair bills, your medical expenses, lost income, and anything else that comes to mind.
Lastly, establish contact with your insurance company and The Ward Law Group. After all, you can’t make a claim without the insurance company and you can’t maximize that claim without The Ward Law Group.
How The Ward Law Group Can Help
The Ward Law Group understands just how frustrating car accidents can be. After all, part of the reason the firm was created was because the founders were involved in a car accident of their own. Gregory and Jany-Martinez Ward know the ins and outs of your situation. They have been there themselves. An accident brings your life to a screeching halt and it injects an unhealthy amount of stress into your life. Life is stressful enough already as it is.
The truth is, we can’t eliminate that stress completely. But, we can shoulder a large amount of the burden. Let us handle your legal problems for you so that you can focus on returning back to a state of normalcy. Don’t forget: we offer our legal services to both the English- and Spanish-speaking communities. So, don’t delay. Contact our award-winning team of legal experts today!