Advocating for You: Personal Injury & Product Liability Lawyers
When you purchase a product, you have certain rights as a customer. At its most basic level, you have the right to be safe while using the product. Big-name companies have obligations to design and manufacture products to be safe and standardized. When these companies fail in this capacity, then you should enlist the aid of an experienced team of product liability lawyers.
Defective products are dangerous and they may put you at risk for sustaining serious personal injuries. Even if your case seems black and white, you’re going to want an experienced team of attorneys to help you take on these manufacturing giants. This is not something that you can do alone. Legal matters are almost always complicated, even when they seem simple in nature. If you’re going to go up against a giant manufacturer, then chances are they’re going to have the best legal resources that money can buy. This is where The Ward Law Group comes in.
The Ward Law Group has nearly a decade of experience, handling every possible insurance claim under the sun. Claims that they process range from medical malpractice to boating accidents, product liability cases, and much more. Our team knows just the correct switches to toggle when it comes to securing the compensation you need for personal injuries.
In addition to expert legal assistance, we also offer bilingual services to both the English- and Spanish-speaking communities. With The Ward Law Group, language is never a barrier. Don’t let manufacturers and insurance companies use your language against you. Contact us today!
Common Types of Product Liability Claims that We Settle
Studies from 2014 show that 7% of all personal injury cases were product liability lawsuits. That may not sound like a very large number, but it actually adds up to be quite a lot. This is especially true when you consider the fact that product liability cases haul in the second highest median damage awards compared to all types of personal injury claims.
Here are some of the common types of product liability cases that we settle:
- Dangerous Drugs: When you take a medication, you expect it to improve your ailments. Sometimes, however, drugs may actually create additional health problems, including those that are very serious and sometimes life-threatening.
- Defective Medical Devices: Medical devices, especially with technological advancements, are truly wonderful things. Of course, that is not always the case. Sometimes, a newly developed medical device is not always safe for the consumer to use—even after “rigorous” testing. The simple fact is that some of these devices will ultimately do more harm than good.
- Defective Car Parts: When you buy a car, you expect all of its parts to function properly. That being said, problems may persist even after rigorous inspection, such as brake issues, other recalls, and so on. Proving the negligence of a manufacturing company is an arduous task, so you’re going to need an expert legal team behind you all the way.
Of course, these are a few types of product liability cases that we handle. Believe it or not, if the manufacturing company failed to provide adequate warnings or instructions with a working product, then they may still also be liable. This (known as a marketing defect) is one of the three types of product liability claims. The other two types, including manufacturing defects and design defects, are more self-explanatory.
Types of Product Liability Injuries & Compensation
As with any personal injury, your damages may be minor, or they may be life-threatening. It is all going to depend on the nature of your case and the circumstance of the incident. Aside from sheer psychological and emotional trauma, a possible list of injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- …and more.
When you suffer injuries due to the negligence of a third party, you’re going to need an experienced team of attorneys behind you at every checkpoint. With the proper legal assistance, you may find yourself receiving the following forms of compensation:
- Property Damage: For example, if your car was damaged due to a defective car part on behalf of the manufacturer, you may be entitled to compensation. This also covers personal articles such as clothing and handheld electronic devices.
- Medical Expenses: This includes your bills for doctors or hospital visits. Additionally, it also covers physical therapy, emergency surgery, inpatient care, and much, much more.
- Lost Wages & Earning Capacity: Lost wages are wages that are lost while you were recovering from your injury. On the other hand, lost earning capacity refers to situations where your injury is permanent and has thus affected your ability to succeed in your line of work.
- Emotional Trauma: This takes intangible elements under consideration, which includes mental ailments such as emotional distress or psychological trauma.
The Ward Law Group has succeeded in recovering millions of dollars in personal injury compensation for victims of product liability cases. This is only a natural effect of being in the industry for nearly a decade. These things tend to add up. Contact our team of product liability lawyers today and learn how you can maximize your personal injury settlement!
Maximizing Your Claim: Immediate Steps to Take After an Accident
Timing is often the most important aspect of ensuring a successful claim. Immediately after your accident occurs, you should contact the manufacturer to open a claim. If you intend on suing the negligent manufacturer, consider your state’s statute of limitations. Many states require that you file a lawsuit within a certain amount of time. If you fail to meet this period, you may not have a case—even in instances of gross negligence.
You’re also going to want to contact an attorney who will handle all communication between you, the manufacturer, and any insurance companies until a positive resolution is reached. During this time, you should request a medical evaluation within at most two weeks of your accident. The sooner you have this done, the stronger it will serve as evidence in a court of law.
If you contact an attorney while at the scene or shortly afterward, he or she will likely send investigators to the accident location to collect photographic evidence, witness statements, and more. While this occurs, your attorney will be able to help you obtain an assessment of damages, while also submitting the necessary paperwork to the responsible party.
You must also provide the insurance company, court, etc. with additional information that showcases the severity of your injuries. Your legal team will need to establish any lost wages and earning capacity as a result of your accident. Furthermore, you should hold onto any receipts that are associated with your injuries, such as visits to the hospital and other various medical bills. Doing so will help you mount a compelling case against the manufacturing company.
How The Ward Law Group Can Help
Are you ready to get started with your case? The best time to start is always yesterday. Don’t let big-name insurance companies and manufacturers take advantage of you. Corporations will try their hardest to make sure that you obtain the smallest settlement possible for your pain. After all, they are only out to make a profit and not ensure the welfare of you or your family. Instead, get your claim started the right way by contacting The Ward Law Group as soon as possible.
Our team of experts at The Ward Law Group are passionate about maximizing your settlement. This includes claims to property damage, lost wages, emotional trauma, and much more. Remember, we serve both the English- and Spanish-speaking communities. Don’t let the insurance adjusters use your language against you. Contact The Ward Law Group today and get represented the right way!