The Best Personal Injury Lawyer in Miami Lakes, FL
We all have busy lives. We run errands, go to the grocery store, schedule visits to the doctor, and complete a million other daily routines. It’s easy to take all of this for granted, considering it only takes a single instant to put your entire life on hold. A personal injury can turn your entire world upside down, and sometimes the effects are permanent. As you try to return to normalcy, you find that the bills just keep rolling in. The stress of missing work, locating adequate medical care, and juggling your finances is more than enough to put anyone on edge.
That being said, if your personal injury is the direct result of another party, then you may be able to secure compensation for your damages. This means that your medical bills, lost wages, and even intangibles such as pain and suffering can be paid in full. This will empower you and your family to achieve a more secure financial future.
But you can’t do this alone. You ’re going to need a team of experienced lawyers behind you to guide you along the way—especially if you are injured. Insurance companies will not make this process easier for you.
Luckily, The Ward Law Group has nearly a decade of experience when it comes to besting insurance adjusters at their own game. The Ward Law Group will do everything in their power to ensure that you receive the compensation that you so rightfully deserve. Whether you speak English or Spanish, The Ward Law Group will be able to help you navigate the many nuances of your case.
Personal Injury Statistics for Miami Lakes, FL
The Ward Law Group dedicates themselves to enabling the average person to recover losses that result from personal injuries. Believe it or not, Gregory Ward (the firm’s founder) once represented the insurance companies. He saw how insurance companies would deny the average person compensation that they desperately needed in order to thrive. This didn’t sit well with Gregory. So, he ultimately ended up leaving his position to join the other team, choosing to represent victims against his former employers. If you have recently sustained a personal injury, then you can rest assured knowing that you’re in good hands. The Ward Law Group understands the claims process both inside and out.
According to the National Safety Council, an American experiences an accidental personal injury almost every second. In Florida, the most common personal injuries come from car accidents. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles provides annual reports of accident-related statistics throughout the state. Their most recent reports indicate:
- In 2017, there was a total of 402,385 accidents involving 686,590 drivers
- This translates to roughly 1,098 crashes a day
- 166,612 of these accidents led to injury, with a total of 254,310 reported injuries
- 3,116 of these accidents led to death
- 16,574 of these crashes resulted in incapacitating injuries, with 20,380 total catastrophic injuries
Of course, there are other ways to experience personal injury. Personal injuries can result from slip and fall injuries, defective parts, medical malpractice, and much more. Regardless of the cause, The Ward Law Group is here to help you through this. If you have recently been the victim of an accident and suffered a personal injury, then please contact The Ward Law Group today!
Types of Personal Injuries
Another common type of injury in Florida results from slip and fall accidents. In fact, unintentional falls are the leading cause of injury-related death among Florida residents age 60 and older. This is also the fourth-leading cause of injury-related death across the state. Not only that, but these falls are responsible for the most non-fatal hospital visits in Florida.
No matter what happens or how it happens, The Ward Law Group of Miami Lakes, FL is here to help. Injuries from an accident range wildly, from nagging pain to incapacitating conditions. Over the years, The Ward Law Group has provided aid to victims of all kinds of injuries, including:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Bone fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- …and more.
A good portion of these injuries will put your entire life on hold, while some are less serious but still require attention. Many of these ailments keep you from doing the things that you love. Don’t let the added pressure of financial damages stack on top of that! The Ward Law Group will make sure that you are able to make a speedy recovery without the worry of the financial turmoil that comes with personal injury cases.
Personal Injury Law & Accident Compensation
Personal injury is a practice area that covers a lot of ground, so it’s best to look at isolated examples. You should know, for example, that Florida is a no-fault state. This means that each driver’s own car insurance pays for his or her injuries—no matter who was at fault for the accident.
Thankfully, it does not end there. Florida law allows injured victims to file a personal injury lawsuit after a traffic accident if the mishap constitutes as a “serious” injury to you. A serious injury is defined as:
- Involving significant scarring or disfigurement
- Involving significant loss of a bodily function
- Resulting in wrongful death
If your injury falls under this criteria, then you may be entitled to the following forms of compensation:
- Medical Expenses: Let’s face the facts: injuries are expensive. Costs pile up quickly with trips to the hospital, physical therapy, surgery, and much more. Even if you have insurance, these bills will likely put a sizeable dent in your family’s budget.
- Property Damage: Any accident may lead to any number of damages. If you were in a car accident, then you may be entitled to damages for your car, your clothes, and other personal belongings such as a smartphone or laptop.
- Lost Wages & Earning Capacity: If your injury has put you out of work, then you may be able to receive compensation. And, if your injury is permanent and prevents you from excelling in your field, then you may be entitled to even more compensation.
- Intangible Damages: This mostly covers pain and suffering that were a direct result of your accident. Your lawyer will be able to determine adequate compensation for your suffering and emotional trauma.
The Ward Law Group is Here to Help
The Ward Law Group of Miami Lakes, FL is staffed with dedicated team members who will ensure that you receive all of the applicable compensation types listed above. Don’t let the insurance company adjusters fool you into believing that you are not entitled to compensation. They are simply trying to make a profit. Instead, contact The Ward Law Group today!
Maximizing Your Claim: Immediate Steps to Take After an Accident
If you are the victim of an accident that results in personal injury—especially if it is not your fault—then be sure to take the following steps:
- Contact the police: You always want to contact the police after sustaining a substantial personal injury from an accident of any kind. The police will be able to document important elements surrounding your circumstance. Having a police report that showcases the other party’s negligence will be a massive asset to you when it comes to maximizing your claim.
- Seek medical attention: Your injuries may not be severe, but that does not mean you shouldn’t seek immediate medical attention. This will provide added documentation of your injuries as well as the negligence of the other party involved. If you fail to complete this step, then you may lose out on a substantial portion of your claim.
- Document the details of the accident: Of course, you should only do this if you are able at the time of the accident. If you are, then make sure to take pictures of the scene, including property damage and any damage to yourself. You definitely do not want the other party misrepresenting the details of the event.
- Contact the Ward Law Group: As with step 3, you want to do this as soon as you are able. Contact The Ward Law Group as soon as possible. This will allow our team to gather more evidence, which will, in turn, maximize your claim. You do not want to do this alone, especially if your accident has led to serious personal injury. Contact our personal injury attorneys in Miami Lakes today!
How The Ward Law Group Can Help
Big-name insurance adjusters will always try to make sure that you walk away from your case with the smallest settlement possible. After all, they still want to make a profit. They are not out to support the welfare of you or your family. The Ward Law Group will do everything under the sun to ensure that they don’t get away with this.
Remember, we serve both the English and Spanish speaking communities. Don’t let insurance adjusters use language as a barrier to prevent you from receiving the compensation that you rightfully deserve. Instead, contact our top-rated Miami Lakes legal team today!
RECENT SETTLEMENTS & VERDICTS
Consistently Rated Best in the Industry