Kissimmee Car Accident Lawyer
Being involved in a car accident can be a very traumatizing experience, and legal issues are probably the last thing on your mind at that time. However, an experienced Kissimmee car accident lawyer may be able to help streamline the litigation process for you.
If you have been injured in a Kissimmee car accident, you may be entitled to monetary compensation under Florida law. A car accident attorney will be able to review all of the facts and circumstances of your case with you, can help to simplify and streamline the legal process, and help you understand some first steps you can take after sustaining injuries in a Kissimmee car accident.
Get Immediate Medical Attention
Injured victims of Kissimmee car accidents should immediately seek same-day follow-up treatment at a local hospital emergency room or urgent care facility. This is true even when no injuries or symptoms are immediately present. Same-day emergency medical treatment is essential for the following reasons:
- Injuries and symptoms oftentimes do not manifest themselves until well after the accident occurs, and it is better to be safe than sorry
- Failing to seek same-day emergency medical treatment sends a message to the insurance company that an accident victim was not seriously injured or damaged
It is also important for car accident victims to follow through with the emergency room doctor’s treatment recommendations. This may include one or more of the following:
- Following up with a primary care physician or specialist for treatment
- Beginning a physical therapy regimen
- Seeking follow-up medical care and treatment at a different healthcare facility
Seek Follow Up Treatment for Injuries
Following a same-day hospital emergency room or urgent care visit, it is important to immediately begin treating with a primary care physician or other health care provider for injuries sustained in the accident. Large gaps in treatment or delays in treatment serve as red flags for insurance adjusters.
While treating with healthcare providers after the accident, it is also important to be extremely accurate and concise about symptoms and pain levels. Although it might be tempting to exaggerate symptoms, nothing can devalue a case more than overplaying one’s injuries.
Obtain Legal Representation
An experienced Kissimmee car accident attorney can take a great deal of stress away from a car accident victim. A personal injury lawyer may be able to do the following – all while allowing the accident victim time to treat for injuries and get better:
- Recommend follow-up treatment options
- Obtain all medical records and bills from hospitals, treating physicians, and physical therapy facilities
- Obtain information from insurance companies about their available policy limits
- Submit a settlement demand package to the insurance company
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters to obtain a fair settlement offer
- File a lawsuit and litigate the case in the court system, if necessary
Contacting a Kissimmee Car Accident Attorney
Personal injuries sustained as a result of someone else’s negligence can be very serious and can have lifelong impacts. The injuries and damages sustained in a car accident can affect a person’s health, well-being, finances, and overall quality of life.
An experienced Kissimmee car accident attorney will have the necessary legal knowledge to negotiate with insurance adjusters on your behalf and obtain a fair value for your case via settlement, alternative dispute resolution, or trial. You should feel free to contact a dedicated Kissimmee car accident lawyer at any time.