Table of Contents
Advocating for You: Personal Injury & Insurance Claims Lawyers
Life is full of surprises, for better or for worse. You can live your entire life without experiencing any major crises. But, statistically speaking, there’s a much better chance that you’ll need to use some form of insurance at some point. After all, that’s what it’s there for.
The need to file an insurance claim happens to almost everyone eventually—whether the circumstance qualifies as an annoying inconvenience or a life-change event. The types of events that lead to these claims can range wildly. From house fires and product liability cases to homeowners insurance disputes and disability settlements—each and every one of these areas is completely different under the letter of the law.
Whenever you open up an insurance claim, you are essentially entering into a battle with your insurance company. Sure, your policy exists to protect you to a certain extent. But, at the end of the day, your insurance company is out to make a profit. They want to walk away from the situation in such a way that leaves you with the smallest settlement possible. After all, insurance is a business above all else. And, understanding what forms of compensation you are eligible for is complicated business indeed. Therefore, you’re going to want an experienced legal team behind you every step of the way.
This is where The Ward Law Group comes in. Our team of lawyers has over a decade of experience in dealing with every variation of insurance claim imaginable. In addition to our impressive versatility, The Ward Law Group also offers legal services to both the English- and Spanish-speaking communities. Don’t let these big-name insurance adjusters use your language as a barrier against you when it comes to getting the settlement you deserve. Contact us today!
Common Types of Insurance Claims that We Settle
Homeowners insurance claims are one of the most common types of insurance claims in the United States. According to the Insurance Information Institute, roughly 98% of these claims were made as a result of property damage and theft in the year 2017 alone.
In addition to homeowners insurance, here are some other common forms of insurance claims that our firm handles:
- Auto Insurance Claims: Car insurance settlements cover a variety of expenses in the very unfortunate event that you are involved in an automobile accident. Depending upon your policy type, you may be entitled to compensation for property damage and expenses related to bodily injury.
- Commercial Liability Insurance: Slip & fall accidents are also very common, so most businesses have some manner of insurance coverage against them. This is known as premises liability coverage (PLC). PLC is often a clause within a more general insurance policy, known as commercial liability insurance. This type of insurance protects businesses against financial expenses related to accidents that occur on their premises.
- Life Insurance: This form of insurance protects the beneficiary of the deceased in the event of accidental or untimely death. This is a particularly important form of insurance to hold if you have any dependents (i.e. people who depend on you for financial support).
Of course, these are just a few common examples. The Ward Law Group also has experience with the following forms of insurance claims:
- Disability Insurance Disputes
- Commercial Insurance Disputes
- Bad Faith Claims
- Renter’s Insurance Disputes
- Property Insurance Disputes
Types of Insurance Claim Injuries & Compensation
Because insurance claims are such a broad subject, naturally there is a slew of possible injuries associated with them as well. Personal injuries are an expensive business by nature, even if you have insurance. They incur costs, including hospital bills, lost wages, and even intangible losses such as loss of consortium or psychological well-being.
Here is a short list of personal injuries that are commonly associated with insurance claims on the whole:
- Lacerations and bruises
- Internal organ damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Blindness or deafness
- Broken bones or fractures
- Wrongful death
- …and more.
Whenever you suffer from a personal injury due to the negligence of a third party, you’re going to need an experienced team of attorneys behind you to help you maximize your claim. With the right legal guidance, you may be able to receive the following forms of compensation:
- Medical Expenses: This area covers expenditures involving hospital visits, treatment care plans such as physical therapy, prescription medicine, and much more.
- Property Damage: Property damage describes any financial loss incurred as a result of damage to personal property. This may mean a vehicle, jewelry, your house, etc.
- Loss of Income: If an injury sidelines you from work, then you may be able to receive compensation for these absences. Additionally, if your injury is incapacitating and affects your ability to work on a long-term basis, then you may be able to receive compensation for lost earning capacity.
- Intangible Damages: This area concerns what is not visible to the naked eye, such as emotional or psychological distress.
Seek Out Assistance From The Ward Law Group
Gregory Ward and Jany Martinez-Ward are masters of their craft who have achieved massive settlement payouts for thousands of clients throughout the years. For example, The Ward Law Group successfully recovered $1,250,000 in compensation for the victim of a motorcycle accident. This is why you want to enlist a team of lawyers on whom you can count. Otherwise, you could be missing out.
Maximizing Your Claim: Immediate Steps to Take After an Accident
In order to file an insurance claim, first, aggregate a collection of your itemized receipts. This includes any costs incurred as a result of your accident or circumstance. Think of expenditures such as medical bills and property damage. An easy way to obtain a list of these items is to simply call your provider and let him or her know that you are currently engaged in the process of filing a claim.
Next, you’re going to want to complete a claim form. This is a document that will outline the important details of your accident to your insurance company. The point of this form is to act as a declarative statement to your insurance company that you will be expecting to receive certain forms of compensation, commensurate with your plain. So, when filling out this form, try to include as much evidence about the incident as possible. Make copies of your final report to keep a meticulous record of your communication with the insurance company.
And, don’t forget to enlist the aid of an experienced lawyer to review these important documents with you. Doing so will ensure that you will optimize your claim and maximize the resultant settlement.
How The Ward Law Group Can Help
It is easy to feel like the world is falling apart when you are involved in an accident or your livelihood is endangered. The Ward Law Group understands your frustrations and is here to help. Our team of lawyers is passionate about challenging insurance adjusters who are only out to make a profit. Don’t let them get away with it! Instead, get in touch with The Ward Law Group as soon as possible to get your claim started off on the right foot.
The Ward Law Group wants nothing more than for you and your family to obtain the maximum possible settlement for your case. Our team will work tirelessly to ensure that all financial damages and relevant expenditures are accounted for when trying to reach a desirable outcome. Remember, our lawyers are passionate about serving both the Spanish- and English-speaking communities, so don’t hesitate if English is not your primary language. Contact us today!
Consistently Rated Best in the Industry