Table of Contents
Advocating for You: Personal Injury & Bus Accident Lawyer
Public, charter, and school buses are extremely large means of transportation that can lead to serious injuries for those involved in an accident. Much like commercial 18-wheelers, damage from a bus accident differs wildly from your typical car crash. This is because buses contain much more mass than almost any other vehicle on the road. Additionally, because many people use buses as a primary means of transportation, these vehicles tend to carry a large number of passengers. Based on sheer numbers, this makes it much more likely for a passenger to fall victim to a serious injury should something go awry.
Victims of bus accidents face a costly endeavor—no matter who is at fault. Some of the costs can be easily measured. These expenses include property damage, medical bills, and lost wages. On the other hand, there are also expenses that are not so easy to calculate. Such costs include increased insurance rates, lost productivity at work, and administrative fees. The fact of the matter is that insurance company adjusters will do everything in their power to minimize your settlement. That being said, hiring a team of experienced personal injury lawyers, such as the Ward Law Group, will give you a fair chance when negotiating a more appropriate settlement.
Why Choose a Top-Rated Bus Accident Attorney
The Ward Law Group has been securing settlements for our clients for nearly 20 years. Our team has encountered almost every single insurance claim that you can image. This includes small parking lot incidents all the way up to serious head-on collisions with traumatic personal injuries. With the Ward Law Group in your corner, you can rest assured that you’ll be backed by a legal team who employs an arsenal of tried-and-true strategies.
In addition, one of the Ward Law Group’s top priorities is to administer bilingual legal support to those who speak Spanish. With the Ward Law Group, language isn’t a challenge. It’s a feature. Contact the Ward Law Group as soon as possible to receive industry-leading legal advice.
What are some Common Types of Bus Accident Claims?
Several US states report that nearly 30% of all their bus accidents result in some kind of personal injury. As far as motor vehicle accidents are concerned, this is a very high statistic. Common types of bus accidents include:
- Rollover Accidents: Rollover accidents are complex in nature and typically more catastrophic than other bus accident subtypes. Vehicle types play a significant role in the risk of a potential rollover accident. The taller and narrower that the vehicle is—think buses, SUVs, and vans—the higher the susceptibility for a rollover event.
- Impaired Driving: Roughly half of all life-threatening rollover accidents involve alcohol in some regard. Alcohol-induced impairment may result from any blood alcohol concentration level above .08.
- School Bus Accidents: Many children around the country depend on this form of public transit to access school. As such, the Ward Law Group will ensure that your family gets the best possible settlement for your child. Many of these school bus accidents result from distracted or negligent driving.
Of course, these aren’t the only sources of personal injury with which the Ward Law Group has dealings. Other examples include:
- T-Bone Accidents: This occurs when a motor vehicle collides with the side of a bus. Usually, T-Bone collisions occur in intersections, parking lots, and multi-lane highways.
- Defective Motor Vehicle Parts: These cases are more complicated, as they inspire debate about liability vs. negligence. Usually, the plaintiff must prove that defective automotive parts led to the injury. The defendant tries to counter this by claiming that the plaintiff’s accident was instead caused by contributory negligence.
- Head-on Collisions: A very serious collision that results from two motor vehicles smashing their fronts together. Usually, these happen on one-way roads. As a consequence of the physics involved, injuries can be serious.
Types of Bus Accident Injuries & Compensation
Traffic accidents vary widely, from low-speed fender benders to devastating collisions that lead to fatal injuries. Of course, bus accidents are no exception to this. Additionally, many buses are not equipped with safety restraints or other safety devices, such as seatbelts and airbags. Therefore, it is not so much the matter of bus accident prevalence, but rather the risk of personal injury when bus accidents do occur. Common forms of personal injury associated with bus accidents are:
- Slipped or Ruptured Discs
- Moderate or Critical Brain Trauma
- Burn Wounds
- Internal Injuries
- …and more
What are Some Types of Compensation for Bus Accidents
Whenever you suffer a critical injury due to third-party negligence, you should always seek experienced legal advice to secure the most appropriate settlement. An experienced team, such as the Ward Law Group, may be able to net you the following compensations:
- Property Damage: Most people think this solely means vehicle damage, but it does not end there. The property inside the bus, such as laptops, smartphones, jewelry, and more, may also be included in an insurance claim.
- Medical Bills: This includes costs incurred from the medical treatment of your injury (regardless of whether it’s staying at the hospital or simply receiving therapy).
- Lost Wages: Most of the time when you have a serious injury, it puts you out of work. Lost wages refer to the income forfeited during this timeframe.
- Emotional Distress: Commonly refers to psychological injuries or mental abnormalities that resulted from the accident.
- Loss of Consortium: The deprivation of family-related benefits resulting from the civil wrong. Most commonly, this refers to the victim’s significant other who now suffers by proxy.
The Ward Law Group has undertaken thousands of personal injury cases, resulting in millions of dollars recovered to the victims of motor vehicle accidents. In fact, several of the Ward Law Group’s cases have led to million-dollar compensatory payments to the victim and their family. If you have had an accident that led to personal injuries, contact the Ward Law Group today. Our team will provide you with the same consistent service that we have delivered to our clients for the last 20 years. You can rest assured knowing that your claim is in skilled hands.
How Can I Maximize My Claim? Immediate Steps to Take After an Accident
It is very important to receive a thorough medical evaluation immediately after a motor vehicle accident. This is especially true in the case of bus accidents (or any large vehicle for that matter). Not only is this important for the victim’s health and well-being, but it will also help the Ward Law Group gather evidence to use in settlement negotiations.
Most buses are owned and operated by cities or other public authorities. Suing governmental agencies is usually a bit different from suing private individuals. In many cases, claimants may have less time to file their claims than they would in a normal case due to different statutes of limitations.
When you contact an attorney shortly after an accident, they will usually send out investigators to gather pertinent evidence for substantiating your claim. This may stretch across several mediums, from photographic pictures to eyewitness testimonies. During this time, your attorney will also help you determine the damages incurred from the motor vehicle accident. This includes taking care of any important paperwork that your insurance company will require.
Lastly, it is important to provide your insurance company with relevant information that accurately displays the severity of your case. This includes everything from personal injuries to the potential earnings lost from not being able to work. You will also need to share any medical expenses or applicable information regarding your health. All of these moving parts will provide your attorney with the evidence they need to substantiate your claim.
How can The Ward Law Group Help?
Straight to the point: corporations and large insurance firms will do anything to swindle their way out of giving you the compensation that you deserve. They want nothing more than to minimize the amount of money that they owe you for your suffering. Luckily, you don’t have to accept that.
The Ward Law Group knows how to handle these tricky matters with efficiency and ease. Our team will ensure that you receive every applicable form of compensation for your specific case. This includes everything from mental turmoil to personal property damages.
Remember, language is not a barrier with the Ward Law Group. It’s a feature. Our English and Spanish-speaking attorneys are ready and able to take on the world for your benefit. Contact our team of legal experts today!
Consistently Rated Best in the Industry