The most important thing is that you must give notice to the insurance company within 14 days of the accident and see a doctor, otherwise, you have no claim.
Seeking medical treatment is a priority after any type of traffic accident. Even if you do not feel that you suffered an injury it is still a good idea to go see a doctor. Some serious injuries do not manifest immediately. A doctor will be able to detect whether you suffered any injury.
If possible, you should also:
- Write where the accident happened
- Gather insurance information, names, and contact numbers of all parties involved and of any witnesses
- Request copies of all accident reports and photos including the police report
- Keep all medical records and receipts from the treatment
- Never admit guilt for the accident
- Notify your insurance company, but do not give a recorded or written statement to the insurance company without first talking to an auto accident lawyer
- Do not sign any official document