After an accident occurs, it is important to document exactly what happened. This is a list of important points that should be documented following a car accident:
- Exactly when and where the accident occurred.
- The positions of the vehicles prior to the accident.
- How the accident scene looked before the incident occurred, if possible, take pictures of the accident scene and any damage.
- The names, phone numbers, and addresses of all parties involved, including any witnesses who have seen the accident. The most important thing is to obtain information from the party that was negligent.
- The names and numbers of badges of any member of the police who has documented the scene.
By observing and documenting these aspects of a car accident case and consulting a qualified car accident lawyer, you can begin to build a solid car accident claim.